Thursday, October 27, 2011
1 small onion, diced
1 medium zucchini, or 2 small, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil, about 1 tablespoon
Pinch of salt
Coarse Pepper to taste
Dice the russet potatoes onion and zucchini. In a large skillet add olive oil and potatoes and fry on med. High heat after the potatoes are halfway cooked add the onion and the zucchini and turn down to low heat and cover with a lid and cook for about 15 min, or until zucchini is tender not mushy. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir, and serve.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
1 can whole corn drained
1 can creamed corn
1 8 oz. container sour cream
1 stick softened butter diced
1 box jiffy cornmeal mix
- Mix together and put in a buttered 8 x 10 baking dish and bake at 350 for about 45 min. or until lightly golden brown.
Monday, October 3, 2011
1 - pd. ground beef
1 - chopped yellow onion
3 - 16 oz. light red kidney beans rinsed and drained
1 - 4 oz. can of tomato paste
1 - 16 oz of diced tomatoes
2 - heaping tablespoons of chili powder
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
In a large pot put the ground beef and the chopped onion and cook until meat is brown and add the chill powder, stir well. Then add the tomatoes ( do not drain the tomatoes) red pepper flakes and the beans. Add about 3 cans of water and then add the tomato paste stir until tomato paste is mixed in well. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer, put a lid on and simmer for about 30 min.
- If the chili is too thick for your taste add more water a little at a time
- If you would like your chili to be more spicy add more chili powder a little at time, because you can get too much.
- Most people use tomato sauce, I prefer tomato paste because it makes the chili sweet and thick
- Always rinse and drain canned beans, it removes, fat, salt and gas : )