1 lb. ground turkey
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
Options below: Fresh or frozen
- In a medium bowl, combine and mix together turkey, garlic, ginger, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into small patties by rolling them into a ball in the palm of your hand and then flattening them. The mixture should make about 10 med. sized patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet. Add enough patties, so they are not crowded in the pan. You will have to cook these in two batches.
- Cook them for 4-5 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned and the patty lifts from the pan easily. Flip and cook them on the second side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are browned on both sides. Move cooked patties to a plate and set aside.
- Option notes* For making fresh patties, add one finely diced Granny Smith Apple with the peeling to the mixture. And Fry according to the recipe.
For Frozen Patties: Place the uncooked patties in a freezer container and put wax paper in between layers and freeze, to thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight. Then fry according to the recipe.