Saturday, December 17, 2016
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. + 2 T. unsalted butter
3 t. almond extract
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. water
3 c. self rising flour
2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 cup almond slices
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and butter and flour 2 loaf pans
Mix sugar, butter and almond extract. Add eggs and sour cream, mix well. Mix in water. Add flour and mix well. Fold in cranberries, almond slices. Pour the batter into both buttered pans and bake both at 325 for 1 hour or more. Test with a toothpick. Rest for a few minutes in the pan before inverting and cooling on rack
1/4 cup butter softened
4 oz.cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (or more to make it thick enough to spread on top of the cake)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup almond slices
Posted by Unknown at 2:58 PM
Friday, December 16, 2016
|Serving size 12-15|
¾ cup dried cranberries
1 (8 oz)softened package cream cheese
6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
3 large flour spinach tortillas
Combine all ingredients except tortillas, mix well.
Divide and spread mixture evenly on the tortillas.
Roll up tightly, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.
Then cut into slices.
Friday, October 14, 2016
1 lb. ground turkey
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
Options below: Fresh or frozen
- In a medium bowl, combine and mix together turkey, garlic, ginger, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into small patties by rolling them into a ball in the palm of your hand and then flattening them. The mixture should make about 10 med. sized patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet. Add enough patties, so they are not crowded in the pan. You will have to cook these in two batches.
- Cook them for 4-5 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned and the patty lifts from the pan easily. Flip and cook them on the second side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are browned on both sides. Move cooked patties to a plate and set aside.
- Option notes* For making fresh patties, add one finely diced Granny Smith Apple with the peeling to the mixture. And Fry according to the recipe.
For Frozen Patties: Place the uncooked patties in a freezer container and put wax paper in between layers and freeze, to thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight. Then fry according to the recipe.
Friday, January 1, 2016
4 avocados, halved and pitted
3 (4.5 oz) cans tuna, drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, minced
2 tablespoon of Cilantro
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper
1. Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the "bowl" area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
2. Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
3. Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
Posted by Unknown at 9:34 AM